Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Barackalypse Now

Following on my last post about the beginning of the world, I now also have some music for the apocalypse chapter of the Obama project. In this chapter our hero is witness to the end of the world, and is left wondering what the point of it all was.

The music is a collaboration with EBA, who I've mentioned before. EBA is a really excellent turntablist from the Atlanta area, and he and I have wanted to do something together for a while. This one worked out really well - I threw in some noises and played drums, he threw in a lot more noises and some crazy-ass scratching, and the end result sounds like The Dust Brothers destroying the world. That's exactly how it should be. There's going to be some tweaking on this before it's finally done, but what we've got already is too weird not to share.

By the way, EBA has a podcast at shapelessmass.com, which you should totally check out.

No comments: